cough =( and cranky =(=(

my 8 week (9 2morro) has a cough (nothing big , just every little while she coughs alot and it doesnt sound painful to me) and shes been cranky for like a week or 2 , i cant recall if she had the cough that long , i dont think she did ... anyone have any clues as to what may be wrong? she doesnt want to take her binky either , shell take her bottle tho ... she wants to be held all the time (which is very new , she never gets held unless needed , shes usually being played w/ or in the swing) sometimes when she cries shes really stiff too ... =( wats wrong w/ my princess =(

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She sounds like she is teething or has a cold. You know how needy and cranky we all get when we arent feeling well. Thats how babies are too.
    Anonymous

• Sound to me like it could be a start of an ear infection, mine did exactly like you just said and I took he to her pedi and it was the beginning of an ear infec. All I can say if it is catch it now.
    Anonymous

• well i was at my friends dr w/ her and her son , and we were talking about how cranky shes been , and the dr over heard and asked if i minded if she look (i used to go there w/ my son) she said her ears look clear ... but i made an apt w/ her dr anyway , its on the 9th
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• u kno i thought teething too , shes slobber sooooooooooooooooooooo much! i have to either change her shirt 2-3 times a day , or have her wear a bib w/ a plastic back allllll day
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 3:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Well my baby has always coughed and he is 5 months now. That is the only way that they can clear their throat at such a young age and it is very possible that she's teething like the PP said. My LO started teething at 2 months. They can show symptoms of teething as early as 3-4 months before they actually cut a tooth. Also, she could be gassy as well since she stiffens up but they also do that when they are upset. Try some Little Tummy's gripe water. You might call your Dr. and see what they suggest for teething. My LO's Dr. said to give him a little orajel when he was 2 months but your Dr. may not agree.
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 3:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Well yeah if she is slobbering that much I would def. say teething and all that slobber can make them cough as well. I'm pretty sure that's what the problem is. See if she will suck on your finger and let her chew on it too. That is all my LO would do at that age.
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 4:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thank u zachsangel ... she does want our fingers rather than a binky ... and she uses the soothie binkies , and i always put my finger in it wen im carrying it w/ me so i dont lose it , and she sucks on it that way ONLY lately ... and wen i gave her a kiss she got my nose and didnt wanna let go! lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 4:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009