How deep is a womans vagina?

When me and my SO have sex, it always seems like he's going in too deep. He hits my cervix, and it hurts. He says that women should have long vaginas, but I heard that a woman's vagina is only 4-5 inches deep. Porn taught him that women should be around 8 inches deep.

Is it true? I know I can't make myself deeper. He is 7 and a half inches, so could he be the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Never relate real sex to porn!!

Just like penis's average 5 1/2 - 6 inches, that is also the average depth of a vagina. Try using different positions. Doing it doggy-style might help :)
    Chucklowee

Answer by Chucklowee at 1:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• tell him the women in porn may not have a cervix! Tell him some women have their uterus removed and there is nothing hindering them. I used to wonder if the length of the vagina was in direct proportion to the length of the arms and legs. I know many men like women with long arms and legs and noticed that many women in porn flicks have long arms and legs and take big packages. However, I'm short and can't take a long phallus. I doubt if I ever do a scientific study and measure but it is an interesting thought.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• porn isnt real, i mean, yeah, its real sex, but its not how it is really like in the real world. even porn stars dont act like that when they go home to their spouse. but yeah, the vagina is usually about 4-5 inches long, made to fit the average 6 inch penis (and even taht hits against the cervix when it gets too heavy, u know?) he just needs to not be so rough, cause its gonna be no fun for him when u decide that u dont want it anymore cause all he does is hurt u. oh, and if u do more female dominated positions then U control how fast, how hard, how deep.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• Hmm, that's interesting admckenzie, because I have a very long body even though I'm only 5'7 and a half. I've always been very leggy.

And I didn't know that having the uteris and cervix removed could do that! It seems almost dangerous to have a cervix removed, but I suppose that's what happens with cervix cancer.

Doggie syle... queefing(sp?). Lol. It's horrible, and we laugh about it, but I hate doggie style because of it. It's not as painful as missionary because I heard your uterus goes in a different direction then, but I don't know what to do about the vagina farts! Sorry if that's tmi. ;)

But now I can simly tell him some women don't have cervix's or uterus's. And if he keeps bugging me about it, then he's tough out of luck! =]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• Completely untrue! The typical vaginal canal is 3-5 inches and during different times of the month, it changes. Near ovulation it's longer but other times its much shorter. Tell your hubby to look it up online.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2008

• "Although there is wide anatomical variation, the length of the unaroused vagina is approximately 6 to 7.5 cm (2.5 to 3 in) across the anterior wall (front), and 9 cm (3.5 in) long across the posterior wall (rear).[2] During sexual arousal the vagina expands in both length and width." Wikepedia

It expands the same way it can expand to deliver a baby, but it doesn't expand as much that during intercourse.

The vagina will also expand more if there is more foreplay as well.

Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 9:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/health3.html

Different positions to try.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 9:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008