CPS

So we were told by a good friend, at the risk of losing her job, that BF of my son is being investigated for mental health condition reason. Apparently he told his therapist that he was too crazy to do anything productive and that he wanted to kill himself. He has our son one overnight a week and overnight on the weekend. His therapist decided to report him for potential hazard. I am curious to know if we will get investigated in conjuction with him or if anyone has had any experience with this ? I don't care if we are investigated,. me and my husband, but I would kind of like to know if I should expect it. I would be willing to open my door to anyone trying to help my son and I feel I have nothing to hide, so that isn't a concern.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think they might come to talk to you to find out what kind of insight you might have into his father, like if you feel your son is safe with him, if you think he'd actually hurt himself or anyone else. I don't think they would really investigate you, like they would if someone called and reported you for something.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i would expect them to show up at your door b/c you are the child's mother and would have good input on what kind of environment that you feel he is in at his dad's. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• They may ask you to take him for awhile too.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009