What do you do when stranger's kids are mean or rude to yours?

I went to the park today and I swear there were so many rude kids! Marley will usually tell someone she knows to "hush" or "be nice" or occasionally bite a finger, but when kids she doesn't know act hateful to her or push or whatever, she just stares at them!

mrspriss0506

Asked by mrspriss0506 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I just would comment to my children, in private, that the other children were mean or rude and that they were not nice people. I would also point out that we didn't behave like that.

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am the person at the park reminding ALL the kids to play nice and I tell them my kids or not, that they cant do that.. so far no problems from other moms...
    Anonymous

• I just point my kids in a different direction, it's not my place to correct other peoples children. And I remind mine that they should be nice to everyone no matter what... And ignore those that aren't.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i will let it go the 1st few times for minor things, then say something or move my child. if it is major i give a good 30 second scan for a mom getting in action to stop her mean ass kid, if i see no movement i will say something. i yelled at a 10 year old today for throwing sand in bentley's face because he sat next to him. i don't let my kids act bratty or rude and they are little, these kids have no respect at all.
    bentleysmommy

Answer by bentleysmommy at 6:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009