they said to have them sleep on their backs but

sometimes my daughter will fall asleep on her belly while laying on my chest.... is it really that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is where you can keep an eye on her then it is okay. In her bed she should be on her back.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• For the first 2 and a half months of my sons life he slept on my chest from 1 am until 5 am. It was the best sleep both of us got. I say if she is where you can keep and eye on her i.e. your chest then GO FOR IT!
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I knew people whose babies slept on tummies and didn't die of SIDS. I just could never do it because I could never forgive myself if something happened. On your chest she's fine. Even if you fall asleep, there's enough going on to stimulate her.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think it only applies to where your child will be alone in the crib. I still do this with my daughter sometimes, she's 3 months now and when I burp her she usually stays asleep and I just lay down with her still on my chest.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My DD loooved sleeping on her tummy when she was born...now its on her left side...she doesn't like the back.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• All of mine were tummy sleepers. Even the last one slept on her tummy in the NICU, so when she came home, she continued to do it.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009