Did I over react?

So tue my 7 month old just wasnt acting right,fidget restless just not normal.Well I have never been anywhere with just me and him,I have an older child.So I decided to go to a song birds class with parents as teachers.Its geared ages 7-18 months.Anyway wafter being there 15 minute he covers my pants in puke..ya know chicken baby food smelling lol.So i grabbed my stuff and left.I went in the bathroom and it was cleaned up easily,should I still of left?Is it going to be hard to go back???

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 3:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you were right to leave if baby was throwing up and acting off. I don't think it would be awkward to go back. It's all moms, they've all had puky babies before and I'm sure they understand.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would have left too. I bet every other mother in that room has had something similar happen. Or they will at one point. They all understand! We did a library reading group for my son over the summer and I would just read to my daughter while he was in group. One day she got diarrhea and it leaked out her diaper. I pulled him out of group., took them both home. But we were back the next week. It happens,. go back. It will be good for you two!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah...leave for puke, diarrhea and/or fever. Babies get sick, have 24 hour bugs, etc...it happens.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'ts probably better to leave as respect for the other kids. I don't htink anyone will be uspset. Go back and use it as a conversation starter. "don't worry, I think he got all his throw up out last class. We should be good today!"
    Anonymous

• Chrystal don't worry about it. Thats part of being a mom The good, the bad, the puky & the stinky! you can show up to more PAT workshops & not have to feel embarrassed about. all parents understand that situation. No worries girlie! :o)
    viccimomof1

Answer by viccimomof1 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009