how many wives recieved valentines gifts

My husband of 6 years ignored me on Valentines day, it's been bugging me. I was just wondering how many other wives were ignored also?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• This is the 1st year I got something... and its only because I just had a baby... so he had to do something... We have been togther 4 years... Did you tell him you are hurt by it? u should!
    Anonymous

• I got a gift, but not the typical v-day gift. I don't like candy and flowers, so when my husband asked what he could get me, I told him to get me one of my favorite shirts (Southern Belle). Well, he did, two to be exact. It was great, he didn't spend a huge amount of money, but I still got a nice gift. Tell your husband you are hurt, not because you didn't get a gift, but that he ignored you completely.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My DH and I decided not to exchange gifts but I thought I would have at least gotten a card. I got nothing. In fact my DD had a birthday party to go to that day and when we went to Walmart my DH saw all the Valentine's Day stuff and looked over and said "Oh Ya Happy Valentines Day". I was pretty upset especially considering I not only gave him a card from me and the kids but also gave him a bottle of his favorite liquor. Again, the gift was not a big deal but A "Happy Valentines Day" or a card would have been nice. I did decide to let him know how hurt I was. Since my birthday was the 27th, he not only go me a card from him, he also gave me a card from the kids and bought me a birthday cake. We also had a fundraiser to attend the day after my birthday and he had me pulled on stage and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Might have been a little overboard but it was really sweet that he tried to make it up to me.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 4:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I got flowers and a card. Your DH did NOTHING?? Did he even acknowledge the day?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My husband brought me tulip bulbs and.....

a cold. Which my kids and I got and had us knocked out for a week.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Normally we don't do Valentine's gifts, we should show each other how much we love one another everyday not just on a Hallmark holiday. However this year he got me a gift card to the spa, because on the other holidays when we normally say we're not getting each other anything I always get him something and he doesn't get me anything because we agreed not to. Does that make sense? LoL?

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 4:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My husband bought me roses, some sugar-free candy (I am diabetic) and let our son pick out something to give me and he picked out a stuffed dog that I am not allowed to have (our son is 2). He thought it was for him. He also took me out to eat for lunch. I love flowers though.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I got nothing not a hug or kiss or happy v-day NOTHING!! I got him a gift he opened it the next morning and never said thank you or kiss my ass or anything me or v-day was not acknowlaged!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Normally I'm ignored but this year for the first time he told me Happy Valentine's Day and it was like he gave me the Hope Diamond! Nothing could have been more precious than those words. He's not exactly the sentimental or romantic type. I cherish his jesture bc I know it took a lot for him to do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We went to Babbo in NYC.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009