How long does it take until kids start too walk

Marquissmom08

Asked by Marquissmom08 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It differs with every child, one of mine was walking at 9 months old...but the youngest didn't walk till she was a year old.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 3:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I had one walk at 10 months, 9 months and 11 months (10 adjusted).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Every child is truly different.
    Very early is 7 months.
    The average is around 12 months.
    If a child isn't walking by 18 months, the doctor will be concerned.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My daugher is about 13 months old.,. and she will walk with her hand on something.,. but not on her own. She has been doing that for about 2-3 months now. She can do it on her own I think,. but I think she lacks the confidence to do it alone. My son though,. was walking well on his own at about 12 months and my nephew was 14 months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My child didn't walk until he was 18 months. Doctor was never concerned, since he was showing us in other ways that he had the ability to walk at around 12 months. He just plain wouldn't do it until he was sure he wouldn't fall, which took until 18 months. Then he was running within about a week. Lol... Stubborn little dude.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My son didn't walk until 19 months. Everyone thought something had to be wrong, even the doctors but he is perfectly healthy. Every child is different! Besides, sometimes it's better for a late walker, they don't get in to everything.
    shellrequen

Answer by shellrequen at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• every baby is different, but my 2-year-old crawled at 7 months, and began trying to walk at 9 months, then actually did walk at 12 months. Some of my friends kids didnt around 14 months, so it will just take time, but be happy that the baby isnt walking to get everything yet! :)
    lovelymommy2009

Answer by lovelymommy2009 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009