how can i get my 1 1/2 year old to eat vegetables?

eating vegetables

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Try chopping the veggies and hiding them in other foods like mashed potatoes.
    twtyb

Answer by twtyb at 12:08 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try ranch dressing. :)
    mishy

Answer by mishy at 12:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Lowfat cheese and ranch dressing help. Check out this title:

The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids' Favorite Meals
    Missy Chase Lapine

I am pretty sure I saw her or read about her and her recipes were really good. I don't know if this was one of hers but an example would be putting shredded carrots into meatloaf or pureed spinach into speghetti sauce. My children are older and eat veggies but I thought these would be good and I am going to revisit the idea for my husband!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• low fat tends to be more unhealthy because of the perservites that make it that way or sweetners if you eat meat you can grind it in meatloaf as well as we give them it in smoothies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Put them on skewers and serve with ranch dressing!
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• act interested in them, over the top,then eat them yourself. take one from his hand or his plate and eat with a big show. it works with dd,she wants whatever i am enthusiastically eating.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just keep trying to give all different kinds of vegetables...cut them with small cookie cutters or serve them with fruits and cheese.

Make sure you eat vegetables with your child and keep saying how delicious they are. I also tell my daughter that they will make her "big and strong."
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 12:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008