Need Carribbean vacation advice.....

My DH and I would love to go to the caribbean in the next couple of months and i am looking for suggestions on where to go. We have been to Cancun and took a cruise to St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, etc. And then my hubby has been to Bahamas and Grand Cayman without me. We are in our 30's and LOVE the beach. So a beautiful beach is a msut and other than that we like to go out but aren't big part anaimals! Any suggestions?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 4:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Travel

• nayplace in the carribean is better than a day up north! Is there really any bad beach or island?? I don't think so. how about another cruise for many beaches?? You can get some great bargains right now. St. Johns is very beautiful too!! You could actually camp there. It is part National park!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Cancuun, is great, Looking for luxury resorts low as $99/Week hot specials, or $250-699/week regular prices? join the club, take a guided tour @ http://www.fabulousstarvacations.smartsharevacations.com
    Anonymous

• I live in Florida and have been to many of the islands. My favorite was Jamaica. We found our trip on the Air Jamaica web site - it was all inclusive - room, drinks, entertainment, and food.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I went to the Punta Cana in the DR (Dominican Republic) for my honeymoon. It was really nice...we stayed at Sunscape the Beach. However, I would do a little searching if you go there. It was really nice, but we were expecting white sand and clear water...but half of the DR is like the beaches around here (where we were) and half of it is clear as clear can be! We swam with the dolphins and were we did that was clear we could see the ocean floor that we thought we could touch and it was over 1500 feet down! that is were i wanted to stay the rest of the trip. But they have really good food and the resorts are GREAT! and it was in our budget! Oh yeah, and the workers are fantastic! They were deff there to make my stay a better place! I loved them! One of them got to know my hubby and i by name and almost cried when we left! I want to go back!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• know everyone is currently prejudgest against the place because of that stupid teenager but Aruba is so nice and currently cheap because of the prejudgest! it is actually one of the richest caribbean countries, everyone has shoes!! they have great beaches, both public and private. check out the bucuti resort, they have gambling, they have high end shopping and American fast food, you can drink the water, owned by the Netherlands. also Jamaica is surprisingly nice, if you go to a nice resort and don't leave the resort, that is what i loved about Aruba, it was completely safe for Americans to be out alone at night. as long as you aren't 17 and party with large groups of men you don't know! lol.... stupid chick...i have also been to st Thomas (nice but overpriced for what it was) st john (very nice!) the Bahamas, Dominica (scary!!), Granada (scarier!!)  i would go back to Aruba and jamaica.  none of the rest.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would look at Punta Cana as well. We have been to Club Med because of the fantistic children's programming and we've been back because of the gorgeous location (beach). If kids are in tow, I really recommend it. If not, I still recommend it!! If you want to get away from kids entirely, there are other places in Punta Cana that I'm sure would suit.

PuntaCanaMom

Answer by PuntaCanaMom at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009