Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I buy a gift for this???????

I was invited to my best friends mother's 60th b-day party and her father's retirement party. They are having just one party. Do I buy them gifts? If so, what?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

Answers (6)
  • Get them a gift card to a restuarant.

    Answer by sidzwif at 4:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Yes, I would something...maybe a nice plant for the mom and a bottle of whatever the dad drinks?

    Answer by gramsmom at 4:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Yes, i would get them something. I'm always a fan of gift cards for things like this.

    Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • Yes. I'd make them a fun gift basket. Something inexpensive is fine. Maybe a joint gift basket with coffees, teas, and cookies? something that would work for an older couple.

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • You could always just bring a nice bottle of wine?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

  • I'd ask the best friend what they like. They may not like eating out. They may not drink whatever is in the basket and may be diabetic so cookies would be inappropriate. The plant idea isn't bad as long as she doesn't have allergies. The drinking idea (whatever he drinks) might be great unless he's a non drinker. So the point is to communicate with your friend and find out what is acceptable.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.