uterun growth restriction and early delivery.

so my dr thinks baby isnt growing like he should hes measuring small and not gaining the weight they think he should im 32wks and hes only about 3 and half pounds. they are keeping a close eye on me and baby and he said today that if baby doesnt start packing on the weight that he may deliver us at 35wks because it may be a placenta problem and hes not getting enough nutrients and has a better chance out side the womb.
Anyone else expeirence this? im really worried about having a preterm baby i just want him to be safe and healthy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im sorry your going thru this i hope for the best for you but if it is a problem caused by the placents it is safer and healthier to have your baby early ill keep my fingers crossed your little one gains at least 2 lbs this week lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• 3.5 pounds at 32 weeks is not all that small. Smaller than average, but not tiny. Also, are you or your husband petite? Doctors often fail to take that into account. They deal with so many patients that they forget to tailor things to each specific person. If it is a problem with the placenta, it's better to deliver early, but as long as he keeps gaining, even if he remains smaller than average, he should be OK. My sister just had a perfectly healthy, full term, 5 lbs 3 oz. baby. Mine weighed that much at a 35 week ultrasound. And they're both perfect.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009