Worried over nothing (pregnancy)?

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my second child, everything seems to be normal, but with all these new sicknesses and birth defects that are coming out, I can't help but be worried. Is there anything that cannot be detected until birth that I should worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was freakishly worried when i was pregnant with my son. i worried about everything. i did have some tests done for some complications like down syndrome and diabetes and everything but i think those could be just automatic tests they give you when you pregnant. thankfully i took all the tests they gave me and everything came back perfect! i think it's normal to worry..it's your baby growing inside you.

Heather
    Mommy2Charles

Answer by Mommy2Charles at 4:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• there are lots of things they may not detect till birth but i dont think you should worry yourself about it.
    most babies are born healthy and happy so dont stress just enjoy your pregnancy. your dr will tell you if there is something to worry about.
    Anonymous

• no you shouldnt be worring lol but yes there are soemthings that cant be detected that you would only know after brth but they are not likely feels funny saying this since i keep being told it lol but dont stress dont worry if your baby is fine according to drs then take that to heart
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What new sicknesses and birth defects are you talking about? Hmmm... I don't think you have anything more to be concerned about than you did with your first child, in all likelyhood. Yes, there are things that occur that are undetectable prior to birth. Heck, some things don't show up for years. Should you worry about it? No, there is no point in doing that.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sure there's things that could happen. But what's the point in worrying? It won't change anything, and will only make you miserable. Chances are most likely your baby is perfectly fine.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There are lots of things that are not detected until birth but you can't worry yourself sick over it. most likely baby is fine. There is nothing you can do about it, so don't worry. Cross that bridge when you get there (hopefully you never will)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009