mis-carriage

how would i know if i was having a mis-carriage. what are the symptoms??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• bleeding, more than just spotting
    or bleeding and cramping together
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• how far along are you, and what makes you think you might be having one?
    BlueFrogMama

• idk if im pregnant but my period is a week late and i've had clear squirmy discharge and light cramps...
    Anonymous

• The clear discharge doesn't mean anything. (Although it could be cervical mucuous.) The cramps could just be your period coming. If I were you, I'd take a hpt tomorrow morning. If it's negative and your period still doesn't show, give your doctor a call and ask for a blood test. If you do begin to bleed, you should know that a miscarriage will generally cause heavier bleeding for alonegr period of time, and many women describe the blood as syrupy. If you begin to bleed and you still aren't sure whether or not you are pregnant, only use pads (no tampons) until you know for sure, and avoid meds that aren't safe for pregnancy.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Feel free to send me a pm anytime if you need anything. I'm on a lot (way more than I should be... lol)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• great, thanks for the advice. i think i will take a pg test in the morning and see what happens.. my body does feel weird though.. thanks again..
    Anonymous

• If you are for sure pregnant and you are bleeding or cramping at all it is best for you to see a doc. just in case. point blank!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Miscarriage is very painful and you bleed far more than normal. If you are miscarrying there is nothing a dr. can do it you are only a few weeks pregnant. The blood will not be normal either its very thick-ish I dont reallly know how to explain it. Mine was extremely painful though. Not like cramps much much worse. I think child birth was a little less painful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It all depends on how far along you are. When I had my early m/c I was about 6/7wks along. I started having some bright red spotting (only seen when i wiped after going to the restroom) when i called my dr I got a blood test done to check my levels. By the end of the day I was bleeding like a normal period. No cramps at all. With my late m/c (14wks5days) I had a big gush of blood after a crampy feeling all day which I chalked up to being normal pregnancy pains (had them with my other 2 pregnancies that went full term) went to the ER but they sent me home, 2 days later I passed my baby and it wasnt until after that all the real bleeding and cramping started.

So in other words there really isnt any symptoms to a m/c other than bleeding and some people cramping. (note.. bleeding doesnt always mean m/c. bleeding can be common in some women!) good luck, if you want to know if your just period crampy or pregnant test in the AM.
    mommyto3rugrats

Answer by mommyto3rugrats at 12:00 AM on Mar. 7, 2009