An hour a day?

I was just watching Malcolm in the Middle and the parents turned the garage into a tiki bar where they went for an hour every night to be alone together, one-on-one.

I thought it was a great idea to focus on your relationship for an hour a day, but with a 3 year old and a month old baby, I don't see it happening right now.

What do you guys think? Or do you do something like this?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it could work. Put the little one down for a nap and put the 3 year old in her room, put a safety gate up so she can't get out, and turn on a little einstein show and give her some toys. Then....enjoy. You have to make time and even then it's not easy, but it's worth it!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it would be exciting to look forward to an hour with that special guy. I get that special hour and I love having it but not everyday but I don't live with SO. It's amazing how it cuts down on fights and trivial things. You certainly don't bring up nonsense during that special time. I recommend it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• we have date nights and we try to do them every friday. i have older boys that watch the baby. you should find someone to trade off baby sitting with you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Well, right now he's working out of state for months at a time...but even when he's home, it seems like the only time we actually spend together, one on one, is in bed for a few minutes before we fall asleep. I like that time, but by the end of the day, we're both just wanting to sleep...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• THis is why I put my dd to bed earlier than we hit they hay. I need time alone with my dh to talk and do adult things. We may spend that time together or apart doing things for ourselves. I value that time of the day.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We have our alone time after the kiddos go to bed. Sometimes we stay up too late and are tired the next day, but its worth that extra connection time...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My husband & I turned his garage into our little get away last summer. My kids are not old enough to be left alone but they are old enough to watch a movie while mom & dad are outside. We get them popcorn & a movie & tell them that if they are good while mom & dad are on their 'date' they can sleep downstairs. We find them 'peeking' out the window laughing at us sometimes, which I hope they remember how creative their parents were in making time for each other without jeapordizing the safety of their children.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2009