Does anyone else feel the same way about their family that they were raised with? My family barely has anything to do with me and it has nothing to do with not loving each other.They are uninterested in being around me since I became a Christian years ago.It hurts! I still love them and pray for them.

I have often wondered if my spirituality has kept my family away, even though I am usually the first one they will call for prayer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you talked to them about this? What religion is your family?
    Maybe you just need to talk to them ...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• ooopppsss... pc has a mind of it's own...wasn't finished...
    Maybe they do not understand your religion ... by talking to them it may give them the understanding of it...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hey just talk to them about it. Just try and not be over zealous with your views. They will come around eventually. Just be yourself.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, we have talked, and they respect it . I think they feel uncomfortable around me now.
    Anonymous

• All you can really do is pray for them. God will lead them to do what is right and if not they will face judgement in the end. You have to know in your heart that you are doing everything you can to try and remedy their lack of faith while still maintaining your faith. Good luck.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 5:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• pnwmom, thank you. This is myself now. Perhaps I have been over zealous. My life has changed dramatically since becoming a Christian.
    Anonymous

• HeatherTurner, yes I cannot compromise what I am in Christ for a relationship with them. It just makes me so sad.I long for a new relationship with my family.
    Anonymous

• No worries every thing will even out and they will come around. Everyone is leary of anything new even if it is something that makes you feel complete. It will get better,
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• all we can do is pray for them...and keep focus on God..eventho sometimes its hard.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Continue to pray for them and live your life as an example. My sister and I only began to get closer after my mom passed last year. However, an opportunity came about for a friend of mine to talk to her about her relationship with Christ and now she is back in church. I share that to let you know just by continuing to live your life as an example God can and will open up an opportunity... it may not be you directly but because of your example. Continue to pray for them and as they come to you asking for prayer be there for them. One thing that happened in my life is God gave me lots of sisters in Christ and other friends that became family. Not to replace my sister and other family but to kind of add on. God bless and if you have any quesions or just need prayer... feel free to PM.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009