Did you drink coffee when you were preggo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, but I don't drink coffee at all. I do still have some tea every once in a while. And not decaf, that stuff tastes like crap. As long as you don't overdo it, it's not a huge deal. But you'd have to be more careful with coffee than with most other things with caffeine, seeing as it has more.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 5:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm 11 weeks and I drank coffee until about 2 weeks ago when I got really dehydrated and had to go to the ER for an IV, My Dr told me to only drink 1 cup every other day or so since caffiene can dehydrate you, and raise yours and babys blood pressure. so I haven't had even a sip since.
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 5:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I drank decaf coffee some but not much. I drank way more ater because the caffiene can dehydrate you. I used the caffiene free crystal light things you can put into bottled water...they made a great substitution. In the mornings I would have either decaf hot tea or sugar free hot cocoa too.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 5:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, but I hate coffee. I drink cappucino sometimes and other caffeniated drinks. Every once in a while is not going to hurt you or baby
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Check out this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22718279/

"Drinking a couple of cups of coffee a day has long been considered safe during pregnancy, but a new study finds that even this modest amount of caffeine could double a woman’s risk of miscarriage."
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No I didn't but I don't drink caffeine period. I did work in an OBGYN for a while and the doctors said techincally you'd probably be ok with one cup every once in a while but its better to just skip it. That the ladies who drank coffee, more than a cup a week or so had more problems with anxiety, dehydration, miscarriage and also showed signs of post partum depression more frequently. They said if you want caffeine in moderation go with a soda or a glass of tea the levels are way lower! :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• im 26 weeks. i drink 1 cup everyday. my doctor says its ok as long as ur not drinking too much.
    Anonymous

• not with my first but i did drink diet pepsi but with the one im preganate with now oh yeah eeryday went to McDonalds and got the mcadamine ice coffee but they dont have it anymore so now its like once a weekid get the hazal nut one
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009