so i was in the store today...

SEARS, and this old lady was working as we paid for my stuff, she was really SLOW but besides that, she looked at my husband and asked him if he would like coupons and special offers from the store emailed to us and my husband looked at me and said "what do you think"

so i asked her "do we have to fill anything out?" and so she looked at my husband and said "what do you want to do?" so my husband just said "yes"

why the heck did she want to have my husband's opinion? she DIDNT WANT to talk to me lol i just shrugged it off but i had to tell you guys.

do you guys have any stories?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When we were house hunting the owner of this big manufactured housing developer refused to talk to me. The realtor we were talking to before that was very equal between us. However this guy acted like I didn't exist. Finally,. my husband said something to him, and the guy says "You are in sales. You understand. You don't pitch the bitch." He lost a sale that day.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My story doesn't have any rude people. It's my son who thinks that just because SO is a man he has all the money. He'll ask his dad to buy him something and he'll tell him "Ask your mom." then my son will say "But you have the money!" even though I'm the one with the job! I need to work on those stereotypes with him......
    Anonymous

• I would have wondered, too. Maybe it is my suspicious nature, but did you or your husband have to fill out the forms just then, or do you mail them in? If she took the forms after you filled them out, I'd be curious about if she wanted my husband's address or phone number. I'd warn my husband about this possibility, so if she tried to contact him, he wouldn't be naive about it.

I don't have any stories like that.  I have used my husband as the bad guy when I don't want to deal with a persistant salesperson, I'll just say that my husband won't allow me to buy whatever it is. When I relate this to him later, he just laughs.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• nope, it was just an email address, no forms
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We bought a truck from this dealer who thought women weren't able to make any desisions whatsoever. He was real old school. He called me sweetie, darling and dear but wouldn't ask me what I wanted. And the truck was for me. Not my hubby.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We get this at restaurants.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009