• In the Spotlight:

What should I do?

I feel like I owe at least a million apologies to my family and friends...I've been so impatient and mood swingy..I have 30 days left in my pregnancy...can I stop myself from acting on my mood swings or are they just going to come no matter what I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Before you say or do anything, take a deep breath. Pregnancy sucks in the end because your cranky, uncomfy, and generally not in a good mood(thanks horomones) Your family probably understands, but if you stop and think before you say things it will be better.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sure, we are all capable (generally speaking) of abstaining from action. Sometimes it's really hard, though. I say you should go ahead and issue a blanket apology to everyone you feel you've slighted, and then forgive yourself and let it go. You're pregnant. People should understand. It's okay.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i was the same way, i was always moody and mean. my hubby was ready to throw me out cuz how mean i was. i was always saying sorry to everyone. and the second i had my son my moods stopped. just tell everyone your sorry for being so moody that you cant help it and when you have the baby things will go back to normal. your body all changes when pregnant it does suck. it will get better. i have 3 kids and i wasnt as bad with my first 2 i was moody but my 3rd boy i would have ran to...lol but they should understand.
    melissa197829

Answer by melissa197829 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hormones. I yelled at Dh all the time during my 3rd pregnancy. I was uncomfortable, in a lot of pain and tired. I felt bad about yelling at him. My aunt is like "Your pregnant and hormonal, what does everyone expect."
    Go ahead and say sorry to the ones hurt more and leave it at that. You are pregnant and I am sure uncomfortable. Good Luck! Congratulations, you are almost to the end!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The mood swings are going to come, that's for sure. Can you control them? Of course, for example if you were having one of your moody moments and a cop pulled you over for speeding, your moodiness would be under control in a heartbeat! Ask yourself if the things you are getting all moody about are really important of do you just need a little more TLC at this time. Practice control, take a deep breath,it's better on you, your unborn and the whole family.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 5:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009