Were you a wiz kid?

I wasnt at all, but both my boys seem to be super smart... Anyone else feeling out of the smart loop today?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• My husband and I were both bored with school. There never seemed to be any challenge to it and I know that I made some stupid choices of subjects because of this.

Our kids, though, put us in the shade! I don't know if it's because they were born brilliant or if it's because they were nutured to be smart or some of each, but they are scary-smart. Both are in Gifted education, the older one skipped a grade and they both have huge plans for their futures. We're really glad they have so many opportunities today - although we are also a little envious that they have access to educational opportunities that we only dreamed of.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 7:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Not so much a whiz kid. I never had to study and received average grades.

When I started college at age 32, I found my true potential.

I don't consider myself "gifted" or a "whiz". My oldest two are considered "bright little boys" by their evaluators and therapists, though. They do keep me on my toes! (I had to explain friction to my 5 year old the other day when he wanted to know why the wheel slowed and stopped on it's own!)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• guilty and none of my kids got that gene (in a dominant way) but it looks like one of my grandkids might be the next in the family to follow in my footsteps

Answer by admckenzie at 6:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes. My son is very intelligent as well. He is 6 years old and in the 1st grade. He is reading and comprehending at a 5th grade level and he is able to do math at a middle school level. He is sharp, mature and very compassionate. He is misunderstood too so he is picked on doing well in school is not admired at all. I tell him someday he will be those kids CEO then he can fire them.lol
    Anonymous