Suggestions Please!

Im a pregnant teen. Im keeping the baby, and staying in school. Im going to look for jobs, but theres one problem. If I stay in DAY school then my baby will be in day care ALL day, and then I will have to work at night. I will have NO time to see my baby. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to make this work for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What about correspondance. It's high school classes through the mail. It helps you still get a diploma, but you don't have to attend normal class rooms!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I would maybe consider a charter school K12 has a wonderful one. It is a public school/homeschool sort of thing. You cound work when you need to at night or during the day if baby is a night owl and then do your schooling when you can I think it is like 4 hours a day but you don't have to do it all at once. I know a lot of home schoolers use the program www.k12.com good luck. I too was a teen mom with my first and I understand how hard it is to fit everything in. I was working full time and taking pt classes at a tech school I feel I missed the entire first year of my babies life. Find a good day care that will let you stop in on your lunch break and visit that will help.
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 5:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• some schools have a work study program that lets students take what is needed for graduation and then work the other part of the day. I would speak with your guidance counselor for all possible options
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There are schools that you can bring your baby to.Your school might know of one.Or look online.You take care of your baby & do your work.
    Anonymous

• You are smart enough to have identified a real problem. Babies need their Mommy's full time, especially for the first five years, until they are in school. You already know that you won't be seeing much of your baby while you are attempting to get an education and work. Have you considered adoption? That would give you both the best possible situation. Babies don't need much more than to bond with Mom and if you aren't able to give them that time, please consider a home that would give your baby all the advantages.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 5:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• NO ADOPTIONS NOT AN OPTION I ASKED FOR SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS SO I CAN SEE MY BABY MORE.. THATS THE REASON I ASKED THE QUESTION.. ID NEVER SEE MY BABY IF I GAVE IT UP!! AND THAT WILL NEVER BE AN OPTION FOR ME!
    Anonymous

• Work from home! I do! I take my son everywhere I go and don't have to pay for childcare or miss out on my sons life! Check out my websites. I sell Usborne Books and Avon. www.ubah.com/u2688 and www.youravon.com/dhullum (which at school would actually be a great place to sell both! People from work always buy both products too! and family, etc) If you're interested in trying them out let me know or ask any questions you have! Second, good for you for working so hard to make everything right in your life for you and your child. It doesn't have to be hard if you can find the right mix for everyone. You might also think about one of the schools where your child can go with you or homeschooling? I don't know how far off you are from graduating or if youre talking college or HS but a GED might be an option as well. If you want to do a charter school etc there are grants online you can apply for. Good Luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 6:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Dont listen to the people that are telling you to put your baby up for adoption my god! It will all work out. Maybe you can just get a part time job or something. Things seem complicated right now but trust me it will all work out. Sounds like you are doing great. Please do stay in school and you want to get a job! I do agree with working from home. I think that would be great for ya! Good luck hun
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 6:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Of course you wont ever see your baby. Your situation is inherently going to cause your baby to grow up without two effective parents. In order to provide for this child, you are going to have to finish high school and then work full time. If you gave the baby up for adoption you won't every see your baby, but the baby will have two effective parents, one of whom would be home all the time raising this child instead of dumping it off in a daycare to be raised by some stranger.

Unfortunately, this is just the nature of your problem. There is no way around this. You are going to have to make some very hard decisions. This is not about YOU and whether you get to see your baby. This is about the life you are creating and the life you are providing. Can you really give this baby everything it needs? What about a father? Are you and this baby's daddy going to get married and provide a positive home life?

kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• they just started a program in washington, im not sure if its everywhere or not but its highschool online. you just call and sign up for it and they provide the computer and everything. sorry i dont have more info on it but mabye google and see what you can find cuz it sounds pretty great! and im pretty sure its for a diploma and not a g.e.d. so that way you can do it on your own time and everything. good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009