Is anyone else fed up with radio?

I love hip hop.. but I was just listening to the radio and the last two songs I heard had lyrics like "lets make a movie" and " Hell no you just stepped on my J's". Are we seriously reduced to singing about sex videos and scuff marks on our shoes....KRS ONE WHERE ARE YOU? rant with me please

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• You are getting old my friend.
    Its quite all right. Now imagine
    how parents in the 60's felt when
    their kids wanted to listen to
    Elvis with is gyrating pelvis
    instead of wholesome
    Frank Sinatra tunes.
    No worries: its a sign of
    maturity. I guess music
    gets more vulgar with
    the times.
    The 90's had some
    pretty bad rap lyrics
    (F*** the police for example)
    and sex, drugs and rock
    and roll was the theme of
    the 80's.
    Theres nothing like the
    good old days, I guess.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 5:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I am still in denial...:)

missv66

Answer by missv66 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I agree 100% I'm 34 yr. But have not listen to the radio in 3yrs. realy i got so discusted with all the crap I just gave it up!! Dont know how I'm going to feel with my daughter when she starts listing to it, she loves Hanna Montana so we were listen to her song on comp. and she was asking what the things she was saying was about.! OMG Gonna be Hard To Deal!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• At 11 I grew up with ICP, Snoop Dog, Notorious B.I.G, Dr. Dre & Tupac being the most played tapes (haha).. At age 12 my "song of the year" was Alanis Morsette "Im a bitch".... (Im 25 now)

Whatever my kids lisnen to is up to them really. As long as their music doesnt have an effect on their actions in life we will be OK. but I wont think twice to take away (current music technology device) if they start talking about pimpin' & hoes & going to the "candy shop" ... lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't listen to radio. They don't play the bands I like.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 6:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• iPod! Pick the clean version of everything and problem solved. LOL!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• How much of any of the popular music today is more than sex and materialism? I find it utterly repulsive. My husband and I listen to oldies, smooth jazz, and Christian. I don't think kids should be exposed to today's pop culture because everything about it is disgusting.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I like hip hop too but recently Ive started listening to rock stations cuz I am so tired of hearing the same damn songs every hour... like beyonce... seriously 3 songs... Im going crazy
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009