Do you find this to be true? People want healthcare 3ways, Affordable, Available, and Good.

But in the U.S. you can only have 2 of the 3 at a given time.
Affordable, available healthcare is never any good
Affordable, Good healthcare is not available, ...and
Available, Good healthcare is not affordable.
Are we fooling ourselves into thinking we can have all 3?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Isn't the theory that you can get two out of three?  Quality, Service and Price. But it's not possible to get all three. Good quality and service will have a higher price. Good price and service or quality means one of the latter will suffer.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Sorry  .Our family has affordable available and good health care .I don't have any complaints. When you research doctors ask around you will get a good care.

Anonymous

• Yes, Quinn, the theory is QSP, but stated differently in regards to healthcare. So you have heard of it?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I hadn't heard of it stated differently in regards to healthcare. I just thought it went across the board in all businesses. How is it stated for healthcare?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, I have taken a Economics of Service Theory course in college.

I believe affordable is relative. Some people view affordable as they pay for the service and they are gainfully emplyed and they are happy. Others do not make the living they wish they made and they are resentful that they even have to pay $X. A very few would be happy with any care for they cannot afforf anything. But the reality of this segment~most once they are given free service, will want more.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes , we are

After all, in all the other countries who have socialized medicine they don't get all 3 either. I just don't think it is possible in this day and time.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I'm going to remain hopeful. For many of us we've had no healthcare. It's been anything but affordable. Health or Gas? Health or gas? hmmmm....
    Anonymous

• I agree that you can't have all 3. But in certain countries that have socialized healthcare, such as Finland, they pay much higher taxes but have good, available healthcare. I believe they also offer a choice. You can opt to go with private healthcare to get the very best and most expensive or you can rely completely on the government which is still considered to be good by most of the population.
    Almost every democracy in Europe, and of course Canada, use some form of publicly funded health care. For some of them it has a lot of failures. For others, it is a well balanced system.
    Ideally, there would be a choice of which 2 you could have. You could either take advantage of the public reasonably good, free system or decide to go with a private doctor.
    Read up on the health care statistics in The Netherlands. It really can work quite well. In most countries, the people are very accepting of higher taxes for this service.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• the netherlands is the size of Connecticut and has no illegal immigrants from Mexico............
    Anonymous

• anon you cannot talk sense into those who think they are entitled and it is their choice to force us all to pay for their entitlements.
    Anonymous