How many of you know that America was founded on the Repuplic not a not a democracy?

This answers so many questions why we as Republican Americans have such issues with Mr. Obama and his socialist agenda for the NWO.
Republicans do you understand this???

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 5:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not every republican thinks like you.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 5:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i dont think that answers anything.
    we may have been founded as a republican but not everyone is a republican.
    Anonymous

• I understand it. I think people forget history, not just American history but world history. When history is forgotten, nothing good comes out of it.
    Anonymous

• Thats not very diverse thinking, even for a Republican.
    Anonymous

• the Constitution was written as a republican agenda and no where in the Constitution is there a democracy.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I just learned that myself and watched something on it, I will try to find it it was in one of my political groups and put the link here, it was very interesting.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 5:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes we are a republic
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think it's sad that some of the people who responded don't understand the question...

It's not about Democrats vs. Republicans it's about Democracy vs. Republic. As for the question, yes I was aware that we were founded as a Republic.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I did know that! It was thanks to a member on CM. I was trying to tell her how we needed Universal Health Care and blah blah blah- and she gave me a lesson on American History. needless to say I was wrong about UHC and the free market is best left untouched by the Government. Let me also add that we still need the Government as a referee and for National Defense- but really we could easily cut the Federal Government in half and take care of all those things.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• They don't even teach real history in school these days. Not the truth anyway.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009