Clear crystals in diaper?

For the past few days my son has been having salt like crystals (clear) in his diaper. I thought it was just from the diaper but I read that it might be something else like dehydration? He has been holding his woohoo and crying when we change him, is something wrong?

He's been having pee pee diapers as normal, no odd colors, he's breastfed rather often and drinks juice as well as soy milk.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, my son gets those sometimes too. I read somewhere that it is the diaper itself, so I wouldn't worry
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• my daughter is 6 motnhs and i noticed this too.. i actually thought nothing of it i thought maybe it was part of the diaper because it doesnt seem to bother her. but i dont know...
    em9x

Answer by em9x at 6:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If he is holding it and crying when you change him, he might have a UTI, regardless of no other symptoms, and I would make an appointment with his pedi asap.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• the only time Ive seen it come from the diaper is if the diaper is super filled. Try changin him more often and see if they go away, that may help to identify the problem a bit
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• most of the time its just the diaper
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It could be the gel from the diaper, try changing him more often and if he still has it i would take him in to make sure there's nothing going on.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah, that only happens to my kids when the diaper is super filled up..but i would still take him to the doc since he's crying and holding his peepee
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009