Q about lactating..

okay so im 33wks pregnant..the other day i started lactating or w/e its called and yesterday is just ... well...stopped...

what the hell does this mean? i sure hope its normal!

there wasnt even a lot coming out to begin with..i dont think ill be needing those pads for my bra

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 6:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is very normal. I don't know why it happens but I would lactate at night when i was asleep but I would be fine all day it was weird and it didn't happen every night.
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 6:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you may have just pressed up against you boobs but this happen to me some days i would lacate and other nothing its normal .and you might still have to use pads if your gonna breast feed if not then you may not need them
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you'd be surprised haha, i started to produce when i was 6 months with my first daughter, it stopped when i got to about 8 months and i thought i would never be able to breast feed, when she was born, it was like someone turned on the boob faucet. it just wouldn't stop. I didn't think i would need those pads either, but i did!

I just wish i had took some to the hospital with me the first time.. this time.. i've already got them packed.

AlMPHETAMlNE

Answer by AlMPHETAMlNE at 6:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, it comes and goes during pregnancy. Shouldn't be enough to need pads. And whenever I leak, it's never milk but instead the orange colored colostrom.
    twilighty

Answer by twilighty at 7:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Lil leakies here & there are no big deal. Now if you were producing scads of actual milk, and then it suddenly stopped, I'd worry. But what you're describing sounds fairly normal. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous