Do you understand now?

When people complain about the hateful and judgmental Christians being abusive to people with other beliefs, that it is posts exactly like this that we are referring to:
"Whatever notpanincking. Obviously you have no idea what your'e babbling about,and have never read the Bible. But, if that's how you validate your beliefs, go ahead."
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/146826/Non_Christians_going_to_hell?cat_id=&next=11#r_foot

Now, as a "True Christian" the choice is yours. Do you ignore comments like that in silent assent, or do you speak out against hate? For those who say they never see what the complaining is about - there it is, you can read it yourself, as response to an answer that was nothing but a perspective based in my own religion and how it is often misconstrued because of documents that have been destroyed or altered over time.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• momofsaee,here is the difference.As Christians,we should be held to a higher standard.Not because we are better but because we are SUPPOSED to be peaceful.I have gotten to the point that I see nothing peaceful about most Christian beliefs.I see more peacefulness in the "evildoers".LMAO!
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:21 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• I think it's angry posts like you've pointed out that turn some people against it actually. Having a debate about belief is one thing but someone saying anything like the example you've posted that is clearly bashing you for an opinion you've given is, in my opnion, not very "christian". I do honestly feel that it's harsh responses like the one shown that tend to turn people away from christianity.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 7:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hmm. Sounds like notpanicking is PMS'ing.
    Anonymous

• I ignore them most of the time. Notice I said most. Sometimes I can't help it, but it's usually when an atheist usually starts in on Christians...It goes both ways equally on here..
    I've came to the conclusion that it won't change, and there are different individuals of different beliefs that have respect any way. So I just let what ever someone says to me roll off like nothing as long as I know I am not the type of person they are talking about.
    Anonymous

• If you read the bible you would see that God does not expect us not to fail, have flaws and sin..He knows we will, but he wants us not to be..So, it is of human nature to be this way...He will hold us accountable for our actions but on the flip side, he never expected us to be perfect..He knows that's impossible for even the most God fearing person.
    Anonymous

Nope, sorry, but even if I were, how does that make that kind of bigotry ok?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I don't see what the big issue is. For the most part, religion in itself was created by MAN and it was started and is still used as a form of social control end of story. And yes I believe in God just not religion or the bible.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It is posts like that one that make Christians seem fake. A "true" christian would not treat ANYONE like that. We (non-Christians) all get stuff like that. And yet we are the one's called heathens...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There are many women on here that debate or give their opinions on questions very nicely of all religion backgrounds, but then you have the few that will come in and demean and degrade, judge others to the point of insults...
    These women are the women that give that religion that they claim to be a really bad name and push others away. Its not a scare tatic it's plain out bulling and she knows it...
    And as for your question, I think the other women of the same religious background of someone like that are embarrassed that a "sister" could lower herself like that... I don't care if it is a public forum, if you are going to reply to a question do it with respect wither or not you wan to use biblical verses or simple intelligence of her own mind...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Nopanicking was very respectful and just gave some background info. Why would anyone take that as hateful???? I do notice that the people who write hateful and disrespectful things tend to hide behind the annonymous button.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009