• In the Spotlight:

How do you get the straws to the sippy cups clean.

I run water through them and get most everything out of them but when they get dry they are never completely clean. I have thought about the craft pipecleaner things they have but I think that the cloth things on them would come of and make a even bigger mess then I started with. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Keagans_Mom

Asked by Keagans_Mom at 7:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• .i put them int he dishwasher and let them soak
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Q-tips, pipe cleaners, toothpicks, toothbrushes - those are my standard sippy cleaners.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Brown's bottles (I think that was the brand), came with a long, very thin, cleaning brush for the straw that was in it. That worked well for cleaning the sippy cup straws when we moved up to them. You might also try looking in kitchen stores for thin brushes, or in the cake decorating section for tip cleaners. That's what I'm down to now, since I lost all the others.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I actually put hot water and a dab of dishsoap in my daughter's cup and put the lid on then turn it upside down and shake it really hard. It gets my frustration out and cleans the little sippy spout. If you are talking about the straws like a regular straw cup with lid, I leave it in the sink while I am washing the other dishes and then just rinse it after I am all done. That usually works.
    SRLPrincess1067

Answer by SRLPrincess1067 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you can get a four pack of the dr. browns pipe cleaner looking things at babies r us for about $2.50. i don't use straw cups, but i clean all the sippy cup valves with them and they work well.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i use qtips and soapy warm water.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We only use straws for water, so its not an issue. If you have a dishwasher, stick the straw onto one of the posts in the top rack, so its being held upright, and let it run through a cycle. That ought to clean it right up.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 12:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009