Power rates going up?

I had asked in another post about links to resources which say that power costs will be going up. Does anyone have any links to this?

All I could find was this: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_144611.asp

But this was for MY area and it says that power rates are actually going DOWN for us (hip, hip hooray! Not like I pay a lot to start with lol).

So does anyone have any sources (reliable, news sources, not propoganda pages) that show that power rates are going to rise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• But if in the long run we are doing something that is saving the environment, I would consider that a good thing. We have done so much damage to this planet, I would really like for there to be a planet left for my grandchildren and great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren. We have been spoiled by thinking our actions have no consequences long enough. At least someone is stepping up to the plate and saying, No, we cannot be spoiled any longer (rather than simply sticking their heads in the sand). So we have to pay more for power now to protect future generations, then I am for it.
    Anonymous

• My Hubby is a lineman for our local power company in Maine and he says generation rates (people that make the power) will probably go up but delivery fees (from the power company to the customer) are not going to. He knows this as fact, not hear say. I don't know about other states.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You'll find plenty here.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• here in FL they go up every year after hurricane season.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• With the cap and trade and clean coal technology President Obama wants, yes the rates for utilities will go up.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• President Obama's plan to force energy producers to pay for spewing greenhouse gases could cost American consumers an additional $1,437 in utility costs and higher prices at the pump by 2015, according to a new study.

On energy policy, Mr. Obama’s budget will show new revenues by 2012 from his proposal to require companies to buy permits from the government for greenhouse gas emissions above a certain cap. Since companies would pass their costs on to customers, Mr. Obama would have the government use most of the revenues for relief to families to offset higher utility bills and related expenses. (which is the $13.00/week you will begin to receive in April)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• https://secure.nypost.com/seven/03032009/news/politics/bam_plan_may_raise_gas_157774.htm

AGA: Proposed tax law changes would harm gas consumers
    http://www.ogj.com/display_article/355328/7/ONART/none/GenIn/1/AGA:-Proposed-tax-law-changes-would-harm-gas-consumers/
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Besides, we would be paying a lot more for these non-renewable resources over that period as those resources dwindle to nothingness (therefore causing the cost of those non-renewable resources to rise). Better to find some renewable resources and begin implementing those before it is too late.
    Anonymous

• When my mother was in school (she is 54) they were telling her that her children would have to live in sealed houses because the air would be so bad. That food we be in pill form because there would be no more resources to plant food in, and so on ....... People have been saying this for decades. And while I don't have a problem with environmentalism at this time, in the middle of an economic crisis, I think we can hold off just a little longer

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2009