• In the Spotlight:

Is it wrong ...

For someone who is not Christian to help someone else find God?
I am not Christian. But I have had a few friends in the past who are very much Christian and, when going through a hard time in life, I have helped them reach out to God and strengthen my friends relationship with God. I have been known to quote verses and give specific examples straight from the bible. ...is that wrong? should I, instead, turn my friends away? Tell them to seek the advice of a preacher or something?
Just curious. Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You're being a comforter in their time of need. If they needed chicken soup for the soul and you had some, you're not wrong for giving it to them just because you're not a chef!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i dont see anything wrong with that. you are doing what you think is best for your friends. you are being a good friend. i think its great and i am not very religious either.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• timelessglass....Awesome way to put it. I agree 100%.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• timelessglass - I LOVE your response. Excellent!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Heartfelt advice from a friend is a good thing. Whether or not you practice the same religion is irrelevant.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• you dont have to be a Christian to find/know God. if you have something to share that will help your friends deal w/ their difficulties it is never wrong! i wish i had a friend who could help my faith out when i hit hard times. keep up the great friend behavior!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No.. you are doing a great thing.. you are respecting their beliefs, and giving them the advice they need during that time.. most people couldn't ask for a better friend.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• God used non believers many times in the bible to turn people back to Him.... its all over the place. Many times God will use people that do not know Him to accomplish His purposes in the believer's life. I hope one day you will get to know Jesus and how much He loves you!!!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It sounds like youre a great friend. If you think your advice is worth giving to someone you love, then why dont you believe it? Are you just saying what you know but don't think it applies to you? I know I have felt that way before. I feel sometimes like I have so many answers for others but I have a hard time applying it to my own life. Its hard to have grown up in the ministry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• OP here.
    To momofsaee, Christianity does not suit me. I have never felt it was "home". I have faith in other things. But that doesnt mean that i think that my Christian friends are "wrong". We just choose to view the world differently ...just as we all do.
    Thanx for your answers ladies. ...My friends never really mind me helping them out ...but then one of my other friends was like "your just feeding them a bunch of bull shit yada yada yada", and it got me a little worried that maybe i really wasnt doing the right thing.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009