toddler eating troubles...HELP!

I have a weird problem. My 2-year-old daughter loveees fruits and veggies (why would that be a problem, right?). She wont eat anything else though! she'll try all fruits and veggies, and will sometimes eat peanut butter sandwhiches, cheetos, and little treats, but no real meals. Other kids are eating chicken nuggets, and she will look at me like im crazy for trying to feed her those. Im a vegetarian, and have been since i was 14, and i also was sort of like this when i was little, but i still tried things like chicken nuggets, but she wont for anything. And its not just chicken nuggets that she wont taste, its things like noodles, pizza, and fries. I should be happy that she doesnt like junk food a lot, but i've never heard of this. Any help?

lovelymommy2009

Asked by lovelymommy2009 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't be worried, she sounds like she is eating what she needs to be healthy, if you are worried about her not getting enough fiber and vitamins and stuff you could always try giving her some kid vitamins, i give my DD disney princess fruit chewable vitamins and she loves them and constantly begs for them.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My son doesnt like meats either, he will also eat most veggies and fruits. Bread, potatoes, rice and pasta he does eat. As long as the only issue is meat i wouldn't worry about it.
    Have you tried fish? Mine will eat fish!
    As a child i was like that too and still dont really care for meats, i do eat a lot of fish.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No, i've never tried to give her fish, but i will! Thanks :)

Ive tried giving her vitamins, but not princess ones, ill try that too :)
    lovelymommy2009

Answer by lovelymommy2009 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Let her be. If she's gaining weight, don't worry about it. And those vitamins? Not worth it, especially if she's eating like she is. She's only lacking some protein & possible iron. If you find a protein source she'll eat, and her iron levels are fine, don't get the crappy off-the-shelf vitamins, no matter how good anyone says they are.
    Anonymous

• You're right, you should be happy that she doesn't want chicken nuggets, pizza, fries and mac & cheese. That stuff is all garbage and terrible for her. Take pride in the fact that your child enjoys healthy eating, and continue to encourage these wonderful eating habits. You have what most parents fight for, and you want to change that? My advice is to let her eat all the healthy foods she wants and not worry that she doesn't eat crap.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 12:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2009