should I except his applogy

My boyfriend recently got upset at finding out his grandfather felt that white people were the devil due to his religion. He is locked up and they searched his room and found nothing but when they found somthing on his roomates side they did nothing. He is upset and feels that they are rasist and that he should take it out on everyone. He told me he did not want to talk to me because I was white and now he believes what his grandfather does because of what they did. I have never done anything wrong to him and I love him so much. He is bypolar and sometimes has times were he really is so hateful toward me but then a day or two later he calls and appolgizes. Now I dont know if I should except it this time because of all he said to me or if I should just be understanding of his condition.

snakeeyes

Asked by snakeeyes at 8:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you would be wise to move on from this unhealthy relationship!
    Anonymous

• Get rid of him!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I totally agree with the 1st comment. What happens if that hate turns into more? Assuming you have a child since you are on cafemom, this is not the type of behavior that you should allow around your child either.
    Anonymous

• You should take care of yourself in this relationship. I would let this guy go. If he would judge you based on someone elses actions, then he's not good for you.
    stormdreamer

Answer by stormdreamer at 8:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Thanks
    snakeeyes

Answer by snakeeyes at 8:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I did not want to just give up due to his illness but if you think its not just that maybe it is best I let him go. Thanks again
    snakeeyes

Answer by snakeeyes at 8:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• it's hard dealing with people with that kind of illness but really do you want to live like that. have him find some other bi-polar people, also there is meds for that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• He needs medication. If he won't go for treatment, I would move on to someone healthy.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• sort of hard to have a serious relationship with someone incarcerated isn't it? Why not try to find someone else who doesn't harbor animosity toward you and your race? As for the guards searching the room, it's normally not about race as much as it's about the person. They are usually looking for something on that person no matter the color of their skin. As for the bipolar, run like hell. You cannot change him and life with a bipolar is not for the weak at heart.
    Anonymous

• Of course you don't "except" his aplogy. But don't ACCEPT it either. Get out of the relationship. Sounds bad. Don't use the b*i*polar as an excuse either.
    Anonymous