Do any of you know of an online job--that really pays?

I am a stay at home mommy. My hubby has currently been ran out of work. ( He is a brick mason) He has no education, so I told him I would find a job. I've checked out the Georgia Department of Labor and had very little luck. I've been to different business and had very little luck. No one needs help, everyone needs a job. . . .are there any online business that actually work & pay you? I know nothing about finding a great business online to work for. I have some experience at merchandising. I graduated high school. I have not work in a little over 5 years. Any suggestions?

BooHooMommy

Asked by BooHooMommy at 8:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• To answer the original question about online jobs, the best way to find a legitimate company to work for at home is to go to Clark Howard's website and search this question. He's looking out for you to make sure you don't get scammed.

As for the job market in general, I think a lot of people may want to consider changing careers by retraining in a field that's in demand. Health care is one that's taking off. Lots of different types of jobs in this field and some schools offer nine month training with lots of help financing and placement after graduation.

Do some research on careers that are expected to be in demand in the coming years for more ideas.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, quite a few of them...

http://www.freewebs.com/sabrinambowen/wahjobs.htm

There is a great list there and some great info. I have checked in to each of them and they are all legit!

Make sure you check out the other area's of the site to... There is some great stuff!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxYwrP-IBs

tnis is worth your time. it is free to do, legitimate and pays well

good luck :)

blakesma

Answer by blakesma at 8:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• www.iboplus.com/clanders is a GREAT one, but requires you to work to make it work. I'm happy to discuss it with you if you would like. Feel free to PM if you want.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I work from home selling Avon and Usborne Books and More. www.youravon.com/dhullum and www.ubah.com/u2688 check out the products and my webpages. At first you might want to set up home parties/put out catalogs to get your name out but at this point (I've been doing this two years) I do 90% of my business selling it directly off of my websites meaning that it sells itself and I don't have a lot of work involved besides emailing potential clients and calling to follow up on previous clients. It is a great way to make money and stay at home. I'd seriously consider it if I were you and the fun thing is that your husband and you can work together! You can also host book fairs/do avon fundraisers at local schools/daycares/businesses etc. Its a lot of fun and very easy to do! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Read my blog at Make Money Online, I've got lots of tips there

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was also looking for something to do from home. For a while I was doing court research. I got info on that from wahm.com, there are a few different companies. The counties I was hired to collect info from were online so I didn't have to travel. Once the economy started to take a nose-dive, work slowed down quite a bit and then eventually there was none. Thankfully, I found AmeriPlan and the income is a lot better than what I was getting before. You can visit my journals to see what the company offers. I also tried Avon and Tupperware but found that not a lot of people wanted to spend money on those things with the economy being what it is. With AmeriPlan, there is a need for dental programs so making money with this business is much easier than trying to get people to buy things they really don't need. Good luck in your search and if you have any questions, please, feel free to contact me!
    diana71

Answer by diana71 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I work from home selling Diamond Creek Candles. The commissions are great and the products are beautiful.

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Hey there! I've been successfully working at home for 2 1/2 years now. We live in Indiana and my hubby works concrete construction and gets laid off in the winter. It used to DEVISTATE us. Even when I had a job working outside of the home. We NEEDED both full time incomes and unemployment benefits didn't cut it. In 2006 I stated working at home with Ameriplan. It's not an "online" job, it's a home based business. I happen to work my business 100% online but you don't have to. I make close to $50k a year now and that has been a blessing to us this winter. Now we don't have to feel the pinch of the unemployment and things haven't been so stressful. If you're interested in learning more, visit my profile - there's ton's of info there. You can also visit me here: http://www.CreatingFreedomatHome.com
    workathomemama

Answer by workathomemama at 6:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search.

General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. You can find job leads in the Telecommuting Moms folder on the WAHM.com forum. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2009