Can you pre-make formula?

I am preparing myself for twins in the summer and the one book I read says you can prepare a pitcher of formula and keep it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Is this really the case? Premaking it would come in pretty handy - does anyone do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did for my son. I made up six bottles a night after dinner and put them in the fridge. Really makes it easier to night feed and the first bottle in the morning before coffee.

A pitcher would be terrific for a big amount like you will need if you don't want to pre-make up all those bottles.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Yes, you can premake it and even put it in the bottles ahead. I do not do this because I only have one, but I have a girlfriend with twins and she did. She also used the drop in liners so that she wouldn't be washing bottles as often. It can add a little extra expense, but with twins time if worth more. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Playtex drop Ins are awesome. You can also buy different brands of the liners, however Playtex have expandable 8-10 oz which is nice once they get a little older. They are definitely a time saver! Congrats!
    Anonymous

• SUre you can pre make it but sometimes it will make a baby more gassy and that can make a baby pissy as hell. Just watch for that
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• i used the powder formula and i would fill the bottles with the amount of water it took to make the formula at the begening of the day. and i would add the formula when i was ready to give it to them and shake it up. at room temp there was no need to even warm it up. then i also didnt have to worry if the formula was spoiled.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Hi ArmyWife112908
    just wondering why it is that pre made formula will make babies more gassy? I have been pre making formula and just wondering whether this has been contributing to bubs wind issues...
    and curious as to why pre making formula will have this affect...
    thanks!!!
    ytmichelle

Answer by ytmichelle at 7:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009