• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know of a non vaccinating friendly doctor in the Iowa/Illinois Quad city area?

I don't want your opinion on vaccinating, I have alot of questions and I want a doctor that will not judge. Thank you

monkeyberry

Asked by monkeyberry at 9:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• we use our family doctor- joseph molnar- in dav. he is all about it being the parent''s choice. but of course he recommends vaccs. you'll n ever find a dr. who won't recommend.
    MommyJal

Answer by MommyJal at 12:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• 17 to my now husband.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 12:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm not in your area, and I understand you would want a doctor that you don't have to "explain" your choices too..but just so you are informed...any doctor you see (with the possible exception of one that runs a private practice) has to respect your vaccination wishes..wether you delay schedule vacc or don't at all...Most offices will have you sign a "refusal" to vaccinate sheet if you don't get the vaccs done at the standard times. This is nothing personal, just a legal way for them to show that they offered the vaccs so for any reason they can not be sued later for malpractice. (like if you were to say they didn't tell you about vaccs or that the baby should have them).
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009