• In the Spotlight:

Wierd Question??

I have been a christian my whole life and lately have really started to grasp on to the Lord. However I'm struggling in the area of prayer. Sometimes i feel like i dont know what to say. I repeat my love for God and salvation, all the blessings he has given, i ask fo forgiveness and then add prayer requests. I just feel like my prayers are boring an old. Can someone give me tips or tell me what there prayer life is like??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am in a group on another website that helps others around us. I find that there are many prayers to be said for these people. Also when at the post office and places where I know the workers, I will ask how they are and if they mention anything that could require a prayer, I add it to my list.
    Anonymous

• Sing the prayer.
    Anonymous

• You say a prayer like you are talking to your father. In a prayer that is exactly what you are doing...talking to your father up in heaven
    Anonymous

• sometimes i just talk to God like he's my therapist/counselor :D i just tell him things im thinking/worrying about, things going on in my life, what my family is up to. i know if i were God i woulda put me on speaker phone & done sudoku cause my prayers can be pretty boring. but it makes me feel better knowing i have given all my worries & concerns up to God.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• just talk to Him like he's your friend. Pastor once told us to use the 5 finger prayer, hold up your hand and begin with your thumb its the closest to your body, so pray for those who are closest to you i.e. family, friends etc..next is pointer finger so pray for those that are appointed i.e. those in office, judges etc..next is your tall man pray for those in leadership i.e. pastor, president, principals etc.. next is your ring finger which is the weakest of all fingers so pray for those that are sick, need salvation, need healing etc..then last is the least important your pinky so if your humble pray for yourself then...(this was the hardest part for me) i.e. your needs
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I sing when I pray... if you look at Psalms many of those are prayers. Jesus also taught the disciples how to pray as well in the gospels.
    Talking to him like you do to your closest friend is the best way to start. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah i agree with the above posts
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I do several things with my prayer time. I either journal my thoughts and feelings to God, that is one way i can always go back and see where the prayers have been answered ect. I also pray like i am talking to someone in the roomwith me. I am totally honest and open with God. God always meets me where I am at. You can also pray the Word. There are great prayers in the Bible and great things that when i read them i feel like, yes Lord, that is how i feel too! Add your Bible in with your prayer time. Jesus also gave us a way to pray. He taught the disciples how to pray by tellig them the Lords prayer. I hope i have helped. God bless
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think of it like this: A father loves to hear his baby's first coos, first babbles, and the relationship begins to grow, not because of the precise words that are said, but by the effort.

Baby steps. That's what it takes. The more you "talk" with your Father, the better you will understand, and the stronger your relationship will be.
    Anonymous

• worship, worship, worship.
    the bible says that Gods presence inhabits the praises of His people. i promise you will start to feel Him more and more if you do this...
    i read aloud out of Psalms alot, and i really concentrate on the words. the words telling Him how good He is, how worthy He is. as your saying it out loud, its like praying to Him, honoring, exhalting, and encouraging Him. it will work on you, too!
    another thing is to get some good music that moves you. gospel, hymns, contemporary, metal, rap, whatever~if it speaks to your heart, and is honoring Him, listen to it, sing along with it for a little while before you start praying.
    IMO it really opens you up to hear His voice, and it always adds something different in your prayers...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009