Who in their right mind would call a natural mother a creature? Any creature can give birth? Don't think so, some people cannot give birth at all.

Anne28

Asked by Anne28 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• how is it rude to point out that someone is infertile? is this not a fact of life for some women...being infertile & adopting?
    Anonymous

• shouldn't this be in adoption?
    Anonymous

• Because there.. umm.. JERKS!
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• because ppl who adopt think they are superior (albeit infertile usually) makes them feel better to downgrade someone for being able to birth a child when they can not.
    Anonymous

• Maybe poor wording on that person's part. Perhaps the point trying to be made is that most women are capable of giving birth but to actually parent a child takes much more more than simply creating that baby.....just guessing that could be the real sentiment behind the statement.
    Anonymous

• If any "creature" could do it, then people would not need to adopt. Sounds like someone was venting and that someone else wants to create more drama.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think this is in the wrong forum....however, I call my husband's ex-wife a creature who gave birth if that counts??? She has proven herself only able to give birth and not to mother.

I think the infertile comment was pretty rude as well.

I think if the creature comment made was based on a birthmother of unknown charachter then, it would be rude.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Creature--we are all creatures--comes from created. Now most "creatures" can give birth given nothing being wrong but it takes a mature woman to mother a child and raise that child:-) And age has nothing to do with maturity---I know some pretty mature young 20's and some pretty immature 40's!!!!!
    Anonymous