Who in their right mind would call a natural mother a creature? Any creature can give birth? Don't think so, some people cannot give birth at all.

Asked by Anne28 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• how is it rude to point out that someone is infertile? is this not a fact of life for some women...being infertile & adopting?

• shouldn't this be in adoption?

• Because there.. umm.. JERKS!

Answer by rainfalls at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• because ppl who adopt think they are superior (albeit infertile usually) makes them feel better to downgrade someone for being able to birth a child when they can not.

• Maybe poor wording on that person's part. Perhaps the point trying to be made is that most women are capable of giving birth but to actually parent a child takes much more more than simply creating that baby.....just guessing that could be the real sentiment behind the statement.

• If any "creature" could do it, then people would not need to adopt. Sounds like someone was venting and that someone else wants to create more drama.

Answer by Debbie062008 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I think this is in the wrong forum....however, I call my husband's ex-wife a creature who gave birth if that counts??? She has proven herself only able to give birth and not to mother.

I think the infertile comment was pretty rude as well.

I think if the creature comment made was based on a birthmother of unknown charachter then, it would be rude.

Answer by Praying at 10:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Creature--we are all creatures--comes from created. Now most "creatures" can give birth given nothing being wrong but it takes a mature woman to mother a child and raise that child:-) And age has nothing to do with maturity---I know some pretty mature young 20's and some pretty immature 40's!!!!!