spring cleaning

what is your kind of spring cleaning? Do you make lists(if so what's on your list)

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 9:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I break down each room into what I need to do. I usually put a paper up in each room and high light off the things I get done. Usually what's on the list is basic cleaning, deep cleaning, and areas to go through to see if I have anything to donate :).
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I make a list. I love checking stuff off, it makes me feel so much better when I have accomplished it. Always on the list is: shampoo rugs, wash windows, go through clothes (put winter away, bring spring out and donate whatever), move furniture and wash hardwoods and wash all the curtains. Basically anything I don't do on a regular basis gets done once it is nice out.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Usually it will take me about 3 days total... I don't do a list I just know where I am starting and where I end...
     I start with all of the windows (inside first) shades and curtains come down cleaned and washed... there are 19 of those... all the walls in the living room hallway and bathroom will get washed encluding base boards... dining room is being painted so it's been a work in progress for months now... Kitchen is guted and cleaned cabinets, frigs (2) stove inside and out... the last thing to do will be all of the wood floors being mopped and waxed... it's about a 3 day job for me, but it looks so nice that my boys don't attempt to make a mess for a few weeks...   :)

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I usually do one room at a time, it needs to get a little warmer here so I can open the windows to air the house out so I'll start in the next couple of weeks, I clean each room from top to bottom & this includes windows, washing curtains, wiping down walls and polishing all the wood work, then vaccum or mop the floors. I don't have a time schedual but it will take several days since I live in a big house, I always feel sooo much better once it's done and I've removed the clutter from the winter...LOL
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 9:01 AM on Mar. 6, 2009