how do i get motivated to clean

my house is a freakin mess. we just moved in and i have to go through everything. When I get home that's the last thing i want to do. I HATE HATE HATE cleaning

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Think about people coming over, even if they aren't. Whenever I think about someone surprise stopping in, it gets me motivated to clean. I would hate for someone to see my house all messy and dusty. And do it a little at a time. I find it too overwhelming to do the whole house at once. Plus you have just moved, give yourself some slack. It took me months before all the boxes were unpacked! GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• We make it fun at our house! My son actually loves to clean lol We put on Abba (or any fun dance worthy music) and start cleaning away singing up a storm as we do it. Kind of silly sure but hey if if it gets the house clean to be the "Dancing Clean" then go for it right??
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• for me it's the idea that people tend to stop by unannounced all the time here so I straighten up during the day ....
    I hate doing house work...lol... I also do what usbornebooksdh does... crank the stero up and go for it...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I just make myself start doing it. After a few minutes, I get "in the zone". LOL
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Since things are still in boxes this is what I would do. Get 4 Totes on these totes write on them one for keep,one for garage sale,one for good well and one for trash. Look at all the stuff real good. If you haven't used it in the last 3 months then do what you think it should go.If it is for garage sale mark it right away in that way all you have to do is set up and garage sale away.
    charmedhart

Answer by charmedhart at 1:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• Force yourself to start cleaning. Once you start it gets easier. Also reward yourself after you have cleaned. You deserve it - it is a job isn't it.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 13, 2009