did i do the right thing?

so a long time ago i wrote a post about what to do with my two 'BFFs' friends who left me out of everything when i was going through post partum depression and never asked how i was doing or anything, and i talked to them about it but it didnt seem to do anything. well i deleted them off my friends list because i saw all their happy pictures doing happy things, then i made a friends only blog that just talked about the situation, i did not bad mouth them in any way except for saying that they obviously didnt care about my feelings. i only posted that blog so i didnt have to explain to all my friends one on one what happened... well one of them had something i needed back so i politely texted her for it back and she was ignoring me so i asked the other friend to ask her for it back and she was being hella mean to me about it, so i asked whatever i did to her and she said 'you posted a blog saying you didnt want to be...cont..

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 9:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You did what was right for you. You gave them every chance to redeem themselves, and they chose to do nothing. I would say this is all on them. As long as you didn't say anything untrue in the blog, you are in the clear. As for the thing she still has, it doesn't matter what is going on between the two of you, it's your personal property and she is obligated to return it. Give it a week, and then tell her she needs to return it.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• friends and posted it to the world' (it was friends only but thats besides the point) when me and lindsay (names changed to protect them ;]) didnt do shit to you.' and i told her that they left me when i had PPD and was suicidal, and she said 'well we have our own shit going on we cant always cater to you' which isnt true i was always a great friend, i was there for both of them for everything and i never got anything in return...

so basically, was there anything else i could have done? i put the blog on private now
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• also you can tell the truth and be honest, if i handled this immaturely i want to know
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• when you were in your toughest time, they did not show that they were true friends to you. you needed someone to talk to so you posted it in a blog. i dont think there is anything wrong by it. but your friends are obviously hurt that you put everything in a blog. i would just talk everything out wtih them. write a letter or email to them. everything will be fine if they are true friends. good luck!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• If what you want back is important then I would call the girl and ask for it. Otherwise, I would let it be. It sounds like both you and the friends are handling the situation a little immaturely so I would leave it alone. If you are meant to be friends then you will come back together one day.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I probab;y would have explained it one on one to whoever asked about the situation. I guess they are oblivious to the fact that you needed them and they most def did not appreciate you writing a log because then "a friend" could read it and decide to just spread it around to people that didn't even have to know about it. Good luck.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• they werent oblivious though i told them many times.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thanks though i think im just going to lay low for awhile after i get that thing back (its really important that i get it back someday in the near future)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I know I would have been hurt. That is when you need your friends the most is when times are tough. I don't think you handled it wrong, it sure as hell got their attention. If they are any kind of friend they would be apologizing to you.  You may need some face time with them to explain how much you needed their support in your time of need.  No matter if I am down and out I listen and support my friends when they need me.  Even if its nothing but dropping by their house with a bag of cookies.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Honestly one think is to delete them but id ont know about posting a blog about thats sorta starting drama cause you are making them look bad.. other then the blog then you did what you had to do but i think the blog was what put it over the line for me
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009