how can i increase my breast milk?

my son will not nurse so i have been pumping for the past two months and ever day for the past three days my milk has been going down ounce by ounce.

myboys1

Asked by myboys1 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The more you pump the more you'll make supply and demand. Try to keep nursing thats the best way to get back your milk because your babies suction is alot more than the pump so that tells your body to make more milk. THere are supplaments but I would talk to your doctor first and maybe a lactation specialist
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• How often are you pumping? You should be doing it at least every 2 to 3 hours.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• My LC told me that oatmeal is the best, and I agree! I just made oatmeal cookies and munched on them, and I saw a great increase! Beer also helps...the hops. PLUS it helps you relax!! While you pump, sometimes it is stressful because you are thinking about the amount, and this decreases your supply. Try covering yourself up with a blanket and relaxing (taking a bath or something) while you pump. HTH!!
    CroppingQueen

Answer by CroppingQueen at 9:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• eat lots of fruits and veggies. that's what i have to make myself do on days i can tell my milk supply has decreased.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• What kind of pump are you using? How often are you pumping? Are you interested in getting baby to breast? It's possible if you want to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Here are the things that helped me:
    La Leche
    Lactation Consultants...they were available through the hospital
    Pump or feed frequently (supply and demand)
    Fenugreek (supplement found at most vitimin stores like GNC)
    Malta (a non alcoholic malt beverage - tastes like crap but is rumored to work)
    Relaxation to help you let down
    and finally...if nothing else works you can try getting a prescription for Reglan from your doctor.
    Kimpossible

Answer by Kimpossible at 7:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i agree with ab peterson answer.i breatfeed all 5 of my kids,and had all the milk i needed.
    you feel like cow eating all that veg and fruits.but this works
    sosobuttercup

Answer by sosobuttercup at 9:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2009