time to go home....

after many many heart aches ....i have managed to pick my life up out of the shambles my divorce left it in....but i have sence been out of church...and out of the word...i have grown cols and my prayers have become same day ina nd day out..."dear Jesus thank you for.....we love you amen" i am not proud of what i have become...i dont even know how i became this way...i just know i need to go home...back to the Lord back to his will for me..back to the days when i was on fire for HIM...i miss those days and i miss HIM...i have become a cussing..bitter..angry worldly person...where do i even begin? i know i need to cry out to him but when i try the words arent there...what do i do..i still dont drink and havent done anything like that for six years now..but my additude my anger.....and hurt...how do i let go? P.S. i am a born again Christian. i am a pre mallenial independent fundamental baptist...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all you took the biggest step.. admitting you needed to come home! Welcome home sister! :-) Next ask God for forgiveness, repent of turning your heart cold and ask Him to come in and touch your heart. Let Him know you love Him... yes He already knows but it is a step towards returning toward a lifestyle in Him rather than the worldly lifestyle. Know that He is not angry with you... He loves you and sees your heart that is hungry and thirsty for Him. Reading the word and talking to Him will help that hunger and thirst. Spending time with Him is wonderful... I need to do more of that, its been a horrible week with almost no time alone with My beloved Jesus ! He is your beloved too! He will lead your heart into the right direction... just allow Him to lead! Bless you !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• You worried me there for a moment! When I say home, I mean HEAVEN. Was afraid you were thinking of doing something crazy! Turns out, you are thinking exactly right!

God will meet you where you are! Nothing you have done surprises Him! He loves you and is waiting with open arms to welcome you back. Try to put it into perspective by thinking of your own children. If you had a rebellious child who had run away from you, and he/she suddenly came back with a repentant heart, wanting forgiveness-- would you give it to him/her? God is your Heavenly father! There is nothing you can do that would make Him not want you back!  Don't worry about the sins of the past, Jesus' blood is sufficient to cover them all!  Look toward the future and ask God to help you!  He will!!!  I'll say a prayer for you!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• In addition to what the above ladies said, you can just go to God and cry. You don't have to have words with Him...He knows what's in your heart and what you're thinking. Sometimes we need to do that as adults, and His Lap is big enough for us to lay down on.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• God knows what you need before you need it... You need to pray and fast and ask God please take this from me .. I want to do your will... Just remember we all have sinned and that is why Jesus died on the cross was for our sins so dont let the devil make you think you have done to much for God to forgive you because its not true... Just like you said cry out to God tell him and have faith but you also have to take the step to try to not do the things you use to do... Know one is perfect and that is why we have Jesus. Remember that. God bless you and if you need anyone to pray with im here for you just send me a message.. Love ya sister in Christ
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• one thing to remember is that when you pray and talk to Him, you dont have to have the right words. even though He knows what you will be thinking before you even do, just say out loud to Him whatever your feeling. tell Him~i have so much anger inside of me, and its consumed me to the point i dont even know how to relate to you any more. i have no words to say...i dont feel you the way i want to...but i know your there, and i know you hear me. i know your helping me right now. father, help me get my emotions in order, so i can open myself up to you again. show me what i need to do to get myself back on track. i repent of all this anger, all this rage, i empty myself of (xyz-whatever you feel on the inside you need to get rid of-confess it all to Him) and i ask you to fill me up with your spirit, your love, and your truth. i thank you for your faithfulness to me, even when i am unfaithful to you. thank you for your love. amen..
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You ask, how to let go of the attitude, anger and hurt.......in time the Lord will heal. Don't get upset with yourself for not being able to let it all go right now. As you get back into fellowship with God the Holy Spirit will guide you and heal you. Sometimes you have to go to God and tell Him how you are feeling, bad attiude, anger, hurt and all. He loves you as you are and wants you to give Him your pain. If you like to read, I recommend the book "Just Enough Light For the Step I'm On" by Stormie Omartian. It is a wonderful book to show you God's Love for you during the tough times and how He wants you to depend on Him through it all. (((Hugs)))
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• What everybody else said!! God Bless you.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Do you really think you need to get back? Even after everything that believing has put you thru? I AM sorry to hear that.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• First of all you took the first step by admitted that i have fallen short of the glory of God and that i am ready to come back home to him now its time to ask him back in your life Romans 10:9 read that scripture and except him back in your life find and good church home and start going no one is saying the road is going to be easy but i can tell you this once you start praying and reading you bible and going to church you will fill good and things will begin to change for you me myself i am 22 yrs of age and i too want to become closer to God i pray alot and believe i am getting ready to start back going to church and doing whats right we gonna make it my sister hang in there and stay strong.
    momtobe4102009

Answer by momtobe4102009 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• It sounds like you are most of the way there....Just follow your heart! You don't need anyone's permission.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2009