Advice for possible mc?

I am 5w2d and some scary stuff went down today. I was bleeding. Not bad, but definitely more than spotting. It started around 1pm, stopped around 4pm, then started again at 7:45pm and hasn't stopped yet but has slowed to spotting. I went to my OB and they did some blood work to check my hCG and I have to go back on Saturday to draw more. What can I do besides take it easy and stay calm and collected until I know more?

Jessyka1031

Asked by Jessyka1031 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bed rest. When a woman is bleeding during pregnancy it can mean that she has been lifting things too heavy. Don't lift anything over 20 lbs (yes, including your older baby, or a heavy purse). Try to eat green things and stay away from the "not supposed to eat this" stuff. Hopefully you feel better!
    SRLPrincess1067

Answer by SRLPrincess1067 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yes, definitely lay down and dont even sit around on the couch.. or lift anything.. drink drink drink water.. tons of it.. and eat very healthy... thats all you really can do.. and TRY not to stress, even though its easier said then done, it can make matters much worse. you'll probably be just fine lots of people have bleeding and end up with normal pregnancies .. just rest
    JLHennessey

Answer by JLHennessey at 11:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2009