• In the Spotlight:

Are you happy with the decisions our government is making?

Our country is collapsing more every day, we are headed for total socialism and then communism. This is where we as individuals will cease to exist, everything will be done for the greater good of the collective. Where do you think that will leave the "Autism Spectrum Disorder" children, the elderly that have Alzheimer's, and you, if you do not conform and work in their "volunteer work" programs and get all vaccines? The undesirable club is the category these will fall in, they will not be useful, only an unprofitable, costly, imperfection to the collective. Think about it, carefully, you won't be here forever to look out for your "ASD" child! What will become of them under a government that is cutting school programs and teacher salaries now? Do you really think "this" government will take care of your child that can't take care of his or herself when "this" government is already not accountable to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So this is alarmist but saying we are falling in to the great depression unless we rush through 800 billion dollars isn't? Saying the sky is falling and life as we know it is ending if we don't let them put through a budget with 8,ooo earmarks isn't a teensy bit doom and gloom? On one day it's all going to h*ll in a hand basket and we MUST put the deficit in the trillions and on the next day there will be PLENTY of money for his handouts and such. That makes sense. I must remember this when I am planning my family budget and bills for the future.....oh wait then I will probably qualify for a bail out!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• prozac and lots of it!!!
    Anonymous

• i just wish things were explained =/
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• In a word:

No
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 9:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Nope. The elderly, disabled and others who will not conform will be done away with. Tom Daschle wrote the elderly should accept their fate in a book he wrote. Obama had selected him for a position thankfully he stepped down due to being a tax dodger. I am sure the person that replaced him has the same views.

Anonymous

• No they will not. And socialized health care is the worst thing for these exact groups because in order to save money they have to start cutting out those most likely to get ill. Also, you can kiss research and development of new drugs goodbye. There is no incentive and no money for this in socialized medicine.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• nope...and it's only gonna get worse.... great mr. obama... he is such a big help....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• That's really sweet Aora...so is welfare, and tax breaks. But it's real simple. When we run out of money (and it's gonna happen) from all the earmarks, spendulas', and bail outs, that money isn't going to be there. AND if THAT 210 million does actually get through, its from ONE budget PROPPOSAL. What happens to the kids with autism 5 or 6 yrs from now when socialized medicine is only covering those with the least amount of problems, and research has halted b/c there is ZERO incentive to do better or find more?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I DO know they did....and if you have seen me around here you would have seen me OVER and OVER say that it pissed me off. As a matter of fact I use it as an example of how I questioned the president I helped put in office but the Obama folks don't want him even the slightest bit besmirched.

AND  OBAMA promised to be a DIFFERNT politician...NOT BUSH.  OBAMA promised to go through bills line by line and get rid or earmarks and ISN'T and it was OBAMAthat swore to transparency then rushed through a bill before it could even be read!

I know what the guy who is NO LONGER in office did to screw things up...what I am worried about is the guy who is in NOW and supposed to fix it and is making empty promises that he can't possibly keep if he keeps up  this rate of spending and the taxing he wants to implement!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• And in those 6 weeks he is doing way too much, way too fast. It doesn't seem like he is giving things the consideration they need when they are as huge as they are! Don't get me wrong, I know that republicans are responsible for like 35% of those earmarks and that pisses me off! But I do not think socialized medicine will work here. The country is too large and there are WAY too many who work the system, that's why the current medicaid and such are so overwhelmed. If you look at any country with this program it just doesn't work for those with the most need. It can't. There isn't enough money to support. and the quality of Drs will drop b/c there is no incentive to go trough all htat schooling if you are going to stifled and run by the govt.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2009