Having a gay bestfriend?

Recently, i was out and about with my 3 daughters: 6, 2, and 4 months. I was feeling stressed lately, so one of of my best guy friends (who's gay) decided to take me and my daughters out to eat and go shopping while my husband was at work [BTW, theres not a problem with my husband about this] and when we walked int oa resturant, some women [and men!] kept looking at us, as when my 6 year old stepdaughter got up to get napkins, she said "that lady said that Maricio [my gay friend] shouldent be hanging out with us". Is this weird to anyone? What is your opinion?

lovelymommy2009

Asked by lovelymommy2009 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• wait your 6 year old step daughter said that?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• yeah, she overheard a old lady saying that my friend shouldent be with us because he's gay
    lovelymommy2009

Answer by lovelymommy2009 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I thnk that some people are predjudice. Sad but true. If your comfortable with it. Then no worries.......but be prepared for nasty comments. Times they are a changing and one day alot more will be accepted........but weve a long ways to go.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• wow thats ridiculous.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The lady needs to come out of here ass and figure out just because a person is gay doesn't mean they are human. Pay no minds to people like that and the next time yall are out and people are staring. STOP, STARE, and ASK with a nasty tone in your voice.

DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?

All heads would turn the other way because they were acknowledged.

mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Umm . . . that was incredibly rude, ESPECIALLY because she said it loud enough for your daughter to hear it. One of my best friends is a gay man, and I would be quick to point out someone who was staring or saying any crap about us. I would just look and say "Can we help you with something?" Some people are stupid . . .and well, you can't fix stupid, but you can try to make them feel like an ass.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Some people are stupid.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 10:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Wow that's just plain ignorance. Ignore it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Wow that is rude. I hang out with my gay neighbors regularly. They adore my Little Girl. We have even gone out with them. Don't let anyone tell you who you can have your kids around. As long as that person isn't pushing their lifestyle on you then there are no worries. Which I doubt b/c you, hubby and children are comfortable with him. Let it go and enjoy your friendship.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't care what she says. Your friend is gay, so what. End of story. What does that matter? The worst that could happen from your girls being around a gay man is that they'd learn to treat people that are different from them with kindness and decency!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2009