how did you get your baby off breast feeding?

i have always breast feed my 10 month daughter ... and i have had diffilculty getting her off breast feeding .. she doesnt use bottles but i'm trying to get her on zippy cups ... and on food she doesnt eat enough for me to get her off the boob ... how do i do it?

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u should give her a bottle and let her just play with it... she'll end up drinking it. that what i did with my daughter, she ate so much and my breastmilk didnt come in that fast towards the end
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Just keep trying the sippy cups and eventually she will take one. Try all the different ones until you find one that she likes. I have heard of some bf babies preferring straw cups over the other kinds. Don't give up. She will eventually take to it. Another thing you can do is give her food and then nurse. Maybe she will fill up a little more on food and take less breast milk. Just keep trying.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• IMO, she's still nursing because she still needs it. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.... full weaning, or just the ability for her to take sippy cup and still nurse. Just keep a sippy of water available all throughout the day, and eventually, she will get the hang of it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2009