is it normal to feel like ur child is bored with u, all their toys..u know?

I feel like my lil munchy is so bored with me. I mean we still laugh and I try and introduce her something new all the time...but she is bored. She doesn't have much interest in her toys I guess cuz she see's them everyday I rotate her toy chest often too...maybe too much..we do go out and I talk to her ALL day long..any suggestion? oh and she's 15 months

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its normal...but heres a though, how about helping her learn to entertain herself? sit with a book of your own and just look thru it quietly, and encourage her to do the same with hers. I loved the quiet times with ds, and as he is 13 i miss them. lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• here, we turn on music that our youngest likes and then we all dance or take turns dancing. sometimes we will just turn it on for something new as background noise and we will play. she seems more willing to play and such with the music going vs just in the quiet or the drone of my voice.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• thanks :)
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• another fun thing too is coloring, tho i know DD is little-she can still do some stuff like color and playdoh a lil bit. and you can sit and do it with her at first and then sometimes move on to other things while she continues. I think sometimes we entertain too much and then wonder why our kids cannot seem to self sooth. good luck- and I promise, you ar4e not the only one who has days when you feel like "boring ole mommy". :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009