Sleep,Schedual,6Month Old

Ok my DS is now 6 months old and I have never had him on any schedual. He did it mostly his self he naps at about the same time everyday and eats about the same times everyday.
We have hit a road block. My son wont go to sleep by himself like he was, He wont sleep for very long if at all in his crib, And he wakes up to 5 times a night for no real reason.
I dont know what todo but he is very cranky and always looks tired.
I dont know how to help him sleep or how to fix whatever I may have done.
I need some ideas and opinions please and thank you.
(P.S. I formula feed and he eats baby food and cereal)

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. We went through the not napping well a few weeks ago while we were learning how to crawl. Once she hit the milestone it got much better. Now my lo is waking at night once b/c of her teeth. You could try some teething tablets and see if they help. They make a world of a difference in her mood immediately. I wish you all the luck. It sounds like you are doing all that you can.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• It may be a growth spurt or he may be about to hit a milestone. Their sleep patterns change when they go through things like this... is he teething? My 6mth old is doing this too, he hardly naps during the day, but only wakes up once at night, where as a month ago, he would sleep almost all day and be up 3 times a night but only long enough to eat a ounce or two and drift back off. He's teething, and starting to crawl, and all of a sudden his schedule is different. Will he nap in his swing or bouncer or do you have to be holding him?? He may be getting over tired if he isnt napping that well through out the day.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• No he sleeps great if I sleep with him or I'm holding him. The swing is now the scariest thing I own for him now since he can sit up he has learned to pull up and sit straight up in it and i'm always scared he will fall out (even buckled in). I dont mind co-sleeping but I dont sleep well my husband doesnt sleep well and neither does he. Yeah he kinda takes naps not like he used to at all. He may be getting his top teeth but his gums arent swollen up or anything like that. He is starting to try and crawl but hasnt gotten it just yet he just gets up on all 4's and rocks. I just know he needs more sleep then he is getting but I dont know how to help that to happen
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009