how can you trust your husband after he has betrayed you and never asked you for forgiveness...even though you have forgiven him...

I've told him I forgive him just as I've een forgiven for the many sings I have committed and as Christ has forgiven me...I asked him to ask me for forgiveness...his answer was "have you forgiven me or not?" It hurt. I find it difficult to trust him in anything.

Asked by traciesbw0101 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Install a key logging program when he isnt home and check the logs when he's not home. You'll know if he's cheating on you still. You either forgive and forget and move forward, or live with the not knowing and it eating you up inside. My gut says if it's bugging you there's still a problem,...sorry

Answer by vbruno at 12:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I don't think you can. A man who has cheated (even one who has been forgiven) need to seriously earn his wife's trust back. Your husband hasn't made the commitment to do that. For him to have a change of heart, one would expect he would have asked you what you wanted him to ask. An answer like the one you got suggests to me that he isn't ready to be sorry. I would find good counsel in line with your faith. I am concerned for you and I hope you will get some help to deal with the situation soon.

Answer by manna1qd at 12:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Its like you trust him at your own risk, the lerast he should have done is ask for forgiveness by not doing that he has left plenty of room to suggest that he is not apologetic about what he has done or rather he sees nothing wrong. But on the other hand holding grudges is not good for you so just pray he doent do it again though at the back of your mind you will always remember.

Answer by sweetmommy16 at 3:42 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I can understand how you feel. The least he can do is ask for your forgiveness so you can move on with your lives... I agree that is going to take long time for you to trust him again and even that will have to be greatly earned!

Answer by mommy2_twins at 11:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008