How long do you keep toys?

DS will be 2 in may. He still has almost all of the toys he has accumulated over that time. With the exception of a few small things he has passed down to his cousins. DH and I have bought him very few of the toys he has. Most of them he got a gifts for b-day and Christmas's. For the most part they all fit in his toy box and on his shelf. He only plays with some of them on occasion. He gets bored with one toy after a while, so we try to switch them up. However he is still interested in ALL of them. I dont want to get rid of toys he still plays with, but I dont know how long I should keep them for either. I feel like its a waist to get rid of things he likes, just to make room when he gets others.

tln1

Asked by tln1 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we weed out toys right after thanksgiving each year. we keep what are their favorites, and donate the rest (what they really no longer care about) to either other family's with younger kids or to goodwill.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• if you are doing a good job of switching them out and you have room to store them then i see no reason to not keeop them... my son is 19 months and 3 months ago when his sisters were born we brough t back some of his old baby toys and let me tell you he regained his love of rattles
    tati17

Answer by tati17 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009